Friday, July 31, 2009

Tomato Sandwiches





One of life's very simple pleasures.


If you have any of the anchovy mayo left over from the BLT's make some tomato sandwiches. If not just use a really good mayo. These are one of the simplest pleasures of life......bread, mayo and tomatoes. A little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. You could drizzle a little olive oil on top as well.

I had never had one until a couple of years ago and now I realize I missed out on years of satisfaction by waiting so long. I had a hard time believing they could be so good but I quickly realized the errors of my ways. During tomato season I live for locally grown just off the vine tomatoes. The taste cannot be beat. Simple, easy and so delicious. What more can you ask for?

Get yourself some good heirloom tomatoes and make a tomato sandwich for breakfast or lunch. Be sure to either stand over the sink or keep your plate under your chin cause it will be juicy. And you'll need a big ol' napkin.

You will not be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments