Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cheerleader cookies


There are times when cooking, or baking, is simply about having fun... it's not always about making dinner. It's about doing something creative... spending the afternoon totally immersed in the task at hand... and making something for someone who will really appreciate your efforts.

I was asked to make cookies for a group of young girls who are cheerleaders. One of the girls on the team wanted to give her teammates a special gift after the homecoming game. I made sugar cookies, iced them, then used icing to pipe team cheers on them.... spirit, score, fight, go team, win.... and I made sure to use the team colors. Sugar cookies are nothing special and everyone has made them, but decorating them in this way made everyone think they were something other than ordinary.

I packed each cookie in a clear bag and each with ribbon, again in team colors.

The girls were so delighted and got such a kick out of them. I can still hear the squeals!

I spent many hours working on these cookies and had a moment when I questioned what I was doing... but in the end hearing about how excited the girls were made it all worth while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments