Monday, July 9, 2012

Pom Ade Cooler

Sometimes I want a little something special in the way of cocktails.  I am a wino at heart, but every now and then I like to have a special cocktail on a holiday or special occasion.  I made these for the 4th of July and they were mighty thirst quenching. 


I would suggest making the lemonade the day before you want to use it. That way it gets nice and cold. 


To make the cocktail:


Fill a tall glass with ice.  Add vodka to preference. (I like 1/3 in my drink, my husband likes his at 1/2, so that's what I do.)  Add a couple tablespoons of pomegranate juice.  You don't even need to measure, just eye ball it.  Then fill the glass with lemonade.  I like to take a quarter of a lime and give it a final squeeze into the cocktail.  


To make the lemonade: 


Make a simple syrup with:
1/2 cup of sugar or stevia 
1/2 cup of water
1 3 inch stem of rosemary


Heat in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved.  Take off heat and allow to cool. Discard the rosemary. 


Juice about 3 or 4 big lemons to get 3/4 cup of juice.  Add 4 cups of water. Add simple sugar to taste.  If you use the entire amount it might be too sweet, so start slowly. I add half of the simple syrup and go from there.  Slice a lemon and add to juice.  Put it in a pitcher and place in the refrig to chill. 
  
Salute! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments