Thursday, July 5, 2012

Frozen banana treat or mock ice cream



I love love love ice cream.  I could eat it everyday.  But I can't.  And I miss it.  So when I saw this recipe I went completely nuts and had to make it right away. 


I've been playing with various combinations for the past few weeks so I thought that it was time to pass it along to you.  It is the best kept secret for dieters, or diabetics, or those who don't eat dairy. It tastes like ice cream and is oh so satisfying. That's really the gift. The fact that when you eat it, you are satisfied, and you think you have had something bad. I mean how many dishes can you that about?


The basic recipe is 2 bananas and 1 cup of blueberries and a handful of walnuts.  You will need to good blender or food processor. I have a vita-mix and it makes this so easy. Just throw it all in the blender, blend until smooth, poor into a freezer container and wait. Waiting is the hardest part :)  And after a few hours you have mock ice cream. Tada!


I made this cherries instead of blueberries and it was delicious.  I've used almonds and pistachios instead of walnuts.  I added some raw organic cacao nibs to give it that chocolate chip taste.  I used some coconut water as well and make it like a granita, where you scrap it into and ice type treat.  You can add vanilla or cinnamon. The possibilities are endless.  You could make this every week with different fruit and nuts. 


The thought of this being available to me all summer makes me ecstatic!!!!!


I hope you enjoy.  And if you do send me a message and share your experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments