Friday, December 16, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Asiago


If you gotta eat cauliflower, this is the way to eat it!

Let me say right off, that cauliflower is not very photogenic. I apologize for this picture upfront, but hope you get the idea of what it is supposed to look like.

While I tend to be a pretty healthy eater I will admit that cruciferous vegetables are not my favorites.  Broccoli and cauliflower are hardly ever on my menu because I do not care for them, but my husband loves them both and so occasionally I will make them for dinner.  And you can forget about brussel sprouts, I hate them!  Can't get them into my mouth.  So when I figured out how to make cauliflower by roasting it in the oven and then putting cheese on it, I thought, now that's more like it!  This I can eat.  It's actually pretty good.

So here's how to make it.  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Get one large head of cauliflower and break it up into medium size florets.  Put it into a large bowl and add some olive oil, seasoned salt, pepper, and toss to coat well.  Put this on a sheet pan, add about 1/4 cup of water to pan and put into the oven for about 20 minutes.  The water will help with streaming.  Check the cauliflower for doneness by taking a paring knife and inserting it into the thickest part of the vegetable.  If done, remove from the oven, and sprinkle with about 1/4 cup finely grated asiago cheese and salt if necessary.  Serve hot.

Dig in!  While you are eating, think about how many vitamins you are giving to your body.  It will make you feel strong just thinking about it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments