Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Breakfast Muesli

I discovered I love muesli.  I didn't know what it was until I stayed at the Bed & Breakfast that served it.  I tried it and loved it, and each year when we go back I would look forward to it. Even then I didn't know what it was called, I just knew I liked it.  I finally asked and so now when I see it in cookbooks and magazine I know what they are talking about. 

Since I am trying to amp up the nutrition in my food I thought I would put one together that had all the stuff in it that I like.  There are lots of different toppings you can add, just a pick a couple or several you like.

This is going to give you energy and it will stay with you until lunch.

Ingredients:
1 green apple, cored and diced small 
1 cup rolled oats or kamut
Goji berries, small handful 
3 tbsp ground flax seed
3/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup water
1 cup of low fat Greek yogurt
3 tbsp honey, agave, or stevia
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt

Mix together and refrigerate until cold.   When ready to eat take out a serving to a separate bowl and add desired toppings.  I like cinnamon, granola and nuts. I make this at the beginning of the week and it is ready for quick weekday morning meals.

Toppings:
Walnuts, diced
Almonds, diced
Granola
Coconut
Dried cranberries
Raisins
Pepita's ( pumpkin seeds)
Fresh berries
Banana

Your going to love it and need to make another bowl full for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments