Monday, January 19, 2009

Balsamic Salad Dressing



Balsamic vinegar....what a wonderful ingredient! I developed my own version of balsamic vinegar salad dressing because I was not thrilled with the store bought brands. I like my salad dressing to be light, not over powering, and I want to taste the other ingredients in the salad. I also want something fresh and free of preservatives. My recipe includes balsamic vinegar, mirin, walnut oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Walnut oil is a nice change from the standard olive oil used in most dressings. And walnuts are high in antioxidants!


Balsamic Salad Dressing $7.95.


Serving idea: 1 bag of organic salad greens, very thinly sliced red onion, kalamata olives cut in half, toasted walnuts, gorgonzola cheese. Toss the lettuce, onions, olives and nuts in a bowl with the dressing. Plate, then top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments