Monday, June 30, 2014

Roasted Tomatoes with Goat Cheese



As I often do, I see a recipe and then later think about it and try to make it based on what I remember. This is one of those.  Because of this, I don't have exact measurements. I just get in the kitchen and throw the stuff together and either it works or it doesn't.  This one worked. And it worked well. These tomatoes were absolutely delicious!

It's summertime and the first thing I look for are local organic tomatoes.  I like the farmers market the best and I can't get enough of them. This recipe is a great way to eat more tomatoes but not in the traditional sense.   If you are lucky enough to have a garden full of tomatoes I know you are always looking for ways to use them up.  You will love this.  

Use large tomatoes. Cut the top off and reserve. Using a spoon, dig out some of the flesh from the tomato. Make just enough space for however much goat cheese you want to put into it. 

In a small bowl, mix some goat cheese with some minced garlic, finely chopped basil, salt and pepper, and an egg.  Add a bit of olive oil to make a smooth filing. Spoon it into the tomatoes.  Put the top back on them, drizzle on some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.  

Roast on a baking sheet in a hot 425 degree oven for about 35 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on how many you are making.  Serve warm. 

As you can see from the picture we like to eat outside. A glass of wine, a good meal, outside in nature with my hubby and dog, and I am a happy woman.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments