Friday, June 14, 2013

Grilled Asparagus with Mustard



Grilled asparagus is perfect the way it is, but I thought this idea of adding some mustard sounded interesting.  It adds a different flavor and makes the vegetable very moist and flavorful.  I think it's nice for a change, and I love mine on the mustardy side, its got a little kick. This pares well with some grilled meat.

I also don't like washing a lot of dishes so I try to make it all on one dish. I use a platter so I can mix the dressing then add the asparagus and toss it to coat. I then allow it to sit and marinate until I am ready to cook it.  You can cook it on the grill or use a grill pan.  You want some high heat so you can cook it quick, and you want those beautiful grill marks. 

Ingredients: 
1 pound asparagus 
2 tbsp mayonnaise 
2 tbsp mustard, grainy or Dijon
2 tbsp olive oil 
2 tbsp lemon juice 
1 garlic clove, mined ( or garlic salt) 
Salt 
Pepper 

I do not even measure when I make this. I just eyeball it. I pour it all on the platter, mix it with a spoon, then put the asparagus on the platter and toss it to coat well. 

Allow it to sit for a least 30 minutes, then grill for a few minutes.  You can allow it to sit for a little bit afterward and serve it a room temp. This is a good staple for the summer grilling season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments