Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cantaloupe Soup



This is a simple cold soup that is perfect for a warm summer day. 

The other day I ran into the grocery store to pick up something and found myself standing in front of a bin of cantaloupes on sale for 99 cents each.  Such a sweet deal but what could I do with them?  I mean a girl can only eat so many pieces of cantaloupe.  I bought a few and came home to go through my recipes.  I then remembered a chilled soup I had made many years ago that was so good and fit the meal, a warm summer night having dinner outside on the balcony with a glass of wine in my hand.  Ahhhhhh.

When you make this be sure to make it before you want to serve it because it needs to be chilled until it is very cold. 

Ingredients:
1 cantaloupe
zest of 1 orange
juice of 3 oranges
zest and juice of 1 lime
dash or two of cinnamon
mint for garnish

Cut, seed and chop the cantaloupe and put into a vitamix or blendar.  Add the zest, juices, cinnamon and puree until very smooth.  Chill well.  Serve with a sprig of mint.

Option:  if you want a soup that is a little more creamy you could add some greek yogurt. I personnally perfer the fruit only option.  It's clean and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments